I'm a Millionaire's Club Member. Do I get a discount on any Author Services?
Yes! Millionaire's Club Card holders will receive a 10% discount on all Publishing Packages. Discount will be taken at checkout.
I'm not sure the Publishing Packages are right for me. Do I have other options?
Yes! Check out our A La Carte Publishing options here. You can publish privately for as little as $59. Want to get your book out there without breaking the bank? You can publish to the Marketplace (which includes placement on booksamillion.com) for as little as $129.
Once I submit my publication for distribution through the BAM! Publishing Marketplace, when will it be available for purchase by others?
For the BAM! Publishing Marketplace, allow up to 2 business days after publishing for proper review of the publication. For booksamillion.com, your publication will become available within one week.
Once I submit my publication for wide distribution, i.e. to Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, etc, when will it be available for purchase by others?
When a title in our wide distribution program is published, we begin sending out the catalog metadata to our distribution partners the following day. For a publisher's first title, it usually takes a week or two to initially get set up, and after this, a title usually goes live within a few days. We send our data feed out daily, and it is up to our channel partners to pick it up. A title is usually available within 4-6 weeks after it is published. It can definitely happen faster, it all depends on when our channel partners pick up our feed.
Where can I distribute my book online?
BAM! Publishing gives you distribution flexibility that is unmatched in the publishing industry.
Your printed Color (interior) books can be distributed via Amazon.com, Alibris.com and the BAM! Publishing Marketplace.
Your printed Black and White (interior) books can be distributed via Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Baker & Taylor, booksamillion.com and the BAM! Publishing Marketplace.
Your eBooks can be distributed through:
Outside of Amazon.com for printed books, and the Amazon Kindle Store for ebooks, it’s important to remember that BAM! Publishing has limited control over which book retailers actually list your ISBN title, i.e. we place your title in catalogs, and it’s up to the retailers to fetch and list them for sale on their websites. If you have further questions about your book in wide distribution, note the page size, binding type and if the interior is printed in color & send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Epub: Apple iBookStore, Amazon Kindle Store, BarnesandNoble.com, Kobobooks.com, Powells.com, Ebookmall.com, Diesel-ebooks.com, Booksonboard.com, Lulu.com, Lybrary.com, booksamillion.com, and the BAM! Publishing Marketplace.
- PDF: Powells.com, Ebookmall.com, Diesel-ebooks.com, Booksonboard.com, Lulu.com, Lybrary.com, booksamillion.com and the BAM! Publishing Marketplace.
What Digital Rights Management (DRM) alternatives are available?
We only sell non DRM enabled ePub and PDF ebooks on the BAM! Publishing Marketplace. The Amazon Kindle, Apple iBook Store and the Ingram Digital eTailer partners use their own forms of encryption (DRM)
Is my title guaranteed to be included in these third party retail catalogs?
If your title is not showing up on a specific retailer site, this is probably isolated to that retailer. If it is one of our above distribution partners, we will work with them to resolve the issue. If it is not one of our distribution partners, please contact them directly. Since Baker & Taylor targets libraries they will, on occasion, elect not to carry a specific title-- regardless of the printer or publisher--if they feel it won't generate interest from their target audience.
What additional information is required when I list my published title(s) in the BAM! Publishing Marketplace or Retail Distribution outlets?
We need to collect the mandatory fields from the IRS W9 form:
- Business Type
- Business Name
- Tax ID# (TIN or SSN)
- Citizenship Status
- Payee Address
How do I collect my Royalties if I’m not a US Citizen?
If you earn money in the U.S., you must pay taxes on your income. U.S. tax laws require us to report royalty payments made to non-U.S. members and withhold and remit taxes on the royalty payments to the U. S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Although you may also need to report and pay taxes to your own government, we are not involved in this process.
Determining Tax Rates
The standard tax-withholding rate for non-U.S. members is 30%. If you are a non-U.S. member and your country has an established tax rate treaty with the U.S., you may be eligible for treaty withholdings rates if you provide us with a valid W-8BEN.
Here are some common tax withholding rates by country, which are subject to change without notice:
For more information, see IRS Publication 515.
- Obtain a U.S. Tax Identification Number (TIN) Apply for a U.S. TIN through either a W-7 form (for individuals) or SS4 form (for businesses), which you can find at the IRS website. If you are an individual applying for a TIN, you may also be required to submit a document to the IRS, which confirms your business relationship with BAM! Publishing. We call this an IRS commitment letter. Please contact us to receive the commitment letter before applying for a TIN.
- Enter your TIN in your BAM! Publishing account Click on Account link in upper right hand corner, and go to Payee Information. Enter your TIN in the field labeled Tax ID. Complete all other required fields on the page, then click Save.
- Send us your complete W-8BEN form A W-8BEN form states what country you reside in and which treaty, if any, determines your tax rate. Download a W-8BEN, complete the form it its entirety, including your TIN and BAM! Publishing user ID, and provide it to us either by mail, fax, or e-mail:
402 Industrial Lane
Birmingham, AL 35211
ATTN: EBM Coordinator
Neither a TIN nor W-8BEN form are required to receive royalty payments, however, if you choose not to provide a W-8BEN, we will withhold 30% of your earnings for tax purposes regardless of any tax treaties your country may have with the U.S.
How can I monitor the sales of my publications and royalties accrued during and by quarter?
Click on Account, then My Author Royalties. The Author Royalty page details your publication sales by period and sales channel.
How and when do I get compensated for my publications sold through the BAM! Publishing Marketplace and third party retailers?
BAM! Publishing accumulates author royalties by calendar quarter, and then pays them out to authors using NET30 terms.